[logback-user] appenders

Eric Yung eric.yung at jspectrum.com
Thu Dec 21 05:22:14 CET 2006

Hi,

I have migrated from log4j to slf4j and logback. I have one question for
the appender setting. In log4j, you can set the threshold of an appender
so that only a certain level of log messages will be logged by that
appender. But in logback, I can only achieve this behavior by using a
expression filter. I would like to know the performance figure about
that filter. If the expression filter takes much longer than a dedicated
log level filter, I would like to see a simple log level filter be
included in logback.

Thanks,
Eric